Where can I find instructions for the earshots?
- In our effort to be zero waste, our user guides are provided here: LOCK + LOAD
What is the audio frequency response of Earshots?
- The frequency range is 60Hz to 24kHz. The adjustable earbud means in for some ear shapes, the response range would increase to 50Hz to 24kHz
What are the unique features of the earbud design that make music quality so good?
- Two key factors in musical purity are bandwidth and evenness. The front and rear acoustic chambers employ multiple porting techniques to eliminate resonances thereby providing a maximally smooth and even response. The rear chamber also uses a Helmholtz resonator tuned to extend the low frequency output beyond what would otherwise be possible in earbuds. The 14.2mm Titanum dome driver provides a large surface area to support low frequency extension while also maintaining low mass and high stiffness to deliver clean high and even high frequency output all the way to the Nyquist frequency.
What are the unique design features that make listening to podcasts and audio books so good?
- Its commonly quoted that human voice frequencies span 300Hz to 3kHz, so designers interpret this as meaning only this frequency range should be used when reproducing voice content, however this is misunderstanding, the 300-3kHz figure defines the 'absolute minimum' range needed to reproduce intelligible voice content. The Earshots excels in voice and speech content by ensuring a completely natural and wide band reproduction of voice content. Speech intelligibility is further supported by some deemphasis of very low frequencies, to prevent boomy content masking the speech, and and slight emphasis toward mid and high frequency that improves the clarity of subtle verbal queues.
What are the unique design features that make voice call quality so good?
- On the voice transmit path, the microphone Earshots uses is a high performance MEMs device mounted with a silicon sealing and decoupling structure. The microphone signal is further processed with the onboard DSP to active reduce background noises and extract the users speech content. The microphonic system is designed to decrease in sensitivity below 100Hz in order to avoid excessive pickup of thuds and bump while the users is in motion, combined with the bluetooth Wide Band Speech protocol the transmit path delivers clean sound from 100Hz up to 8kHz.
How does the design of the microphone system deliver a good call experience?
- Earshots uses a high performance MEMs device mounted with a silicon sealing and decoupling structure. The microphone signal is further processed with the onboard DSP to actively reduce background noises and extract the users speech content. The microphonic system is designed to decrease in sensitivity below 100Hz in order to avoid excessive pickup of thuds and bump while the users is in motion, combined with the bluetooth Wide Band Speech protocol the transmit path delivers clean sound from 100Hz up to 8kHz.
Are magnets safe?
- Yes, while our magnetic design is unique, magnets are used in a variety of everyday products. Some examples include headphones– used by the speakers, earbuds– to position in charging cases, and magnetic earrings.
Do the magnets impact the sound quality?
- The speaker drivers own magnetic system is shielded by its own closed loop system. Consequently any stray field from the earbud magnet that penetrates the driver structure is insignificant and has no effect on audio quality.
What countries are earshots available in?
- earshots are available worldwide but Earshots Limited will not be liable for any earshots that go missing during shipping. Customers will need to contact the shipping company directly.
Can I use my earshots for calling?
- Yes, the earshots have a built-in microphone featuring cVc– clear voice capture, suppressing your surrounds and transmitting crystal clear voice without the noise around you.
Are earshots noise cancelling?
- No, earshots are a non-occluded design. The unique design balances your music with the ambient sounds of cars, people and place to keep you safe.
Are they waterproof?
- Earshots are IPX4 sweat and water resistant.
Can I return them if I don’t like them?
- If you buy direct from earshots.com, you automatically qualify for our 30 Day Returns policy. If you purchase from a retailer, please refer to their policy for more information.
Can you change your address after placing an order?
Address confirmation is complete on the checkout page. If you notice an error after your order has been finalised please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We will attempt to update as fast as we can, but some orders are processed immediately after payment is received and we will not be held liable if we are unable to change the address before it is shipped.